We cover four components in our coronavirus crisis research:
1. Deep Dive Syndicated and Omnibus Survey
Our main survey goes deep into culture factors that are critical to differences in consumer behavior. We incorporate cultural attitudes that impact health and response to risks to health, such as social proximity conventions, multigenerational contact, fatalism, compliance with authority and other factors. The difference between the Italian and Korean situation cited above is probably due to these factors in no small part
We will look at a variety of questions including:
- How does consumer reaction to the coronavirus vary across race, ethnicity, and generation, gender?
- How do cultural factors such as social proximity, risk aversion and multigenerational interaction impact behavior and motivations across demographics segments?
- How are consumers across all segments altering purchasing behavior across and within categories, including stockpiling?
- How are consumers viewing the future, where will they spend when the crisis passes and what will be the long-term effects on behavior?
2. Tracking Survey
Our tracker goes beyond top-line reporting. We will look at levels of concern in multiple areas (financial, health, etc) as well as with government and media response. We will also track behavior adoption change which can be used by brands to encourage consumers to “do the right thing” and which may be predictive
3. Revised Spend Projections and Brand Response
We will updating our Annual Population and Expenditure analysis. We will look at a variety of questions including:
- How are population and spending projections likely to be altered across race, ethnicity, generation, and gender?
- How will these projections alter the outcomes by category?
- What are emerging examples of effective marketing during the Coronavirus crisis?
4. Custom Solutions
Questions we are currently address on behalf of members include:
- How are consumer behaviors changing with respect to my specific category, brand and consumer segments?
- How are my marketing efforts being perceived by consumers?
- How is my size of prize changing?
We’d love to hear from you! Talk to us about the benefits of Collage Group’s methodologies.